Friday, October 8, 2010

Roethlisberger thought about retiring


As the Pittsburgh Steelers enter their bye week and Ben Roethlisberger prepares to return for the team next week vs. the Browns, comes the story that Big Ben considered retirement

"There was a time when I was going through all this that I contemplated not playing anymore. I didn't want to be Big Ben anymore. And I know that's what goes along with being No. 7 of the Pittsburgh Steelers," Roethlisberger said on NFL Live. "So part of me, I can admit didn't want to play anymore. And go coach or do something else."


With the Steelers sitting at 3-1, and looking like the class of the AFC without Roethlisberger, I'm sure a lot of opposing coaches and players wish he would've gone through with it.

1 comment:

  1. I know his publicists are paid to make him look good, but seriously, retirement? All of the Ben haters in Pittsburgh would hate him more if he didn't come back and play. We're fortunate to have a very deep bench of talented quarterbacks, but face it, we all know who's going to lead us to #7!

    ReplyDelete