Tuesday, November 2, 2010
Top 10 reasons Mike Shanahan and the Redskins are considering signing Jamarcus Russell
If you are anything like me, you find the report that the Redskins are working out former Oakland Raiders quarterback Jamarcus Russell to be a little curious coming on the heels of Shanahan benching Donovan McNabb for lack of cardiovascular endurance. Turns out there is a method to Shanahan's madness as we have uncovered the top 10 reasons why the Redskins are considering this move:
10. Further embarass Cowboys when they beat them.
9. Shanahan would do anything to make Al Davis look bad.
8. Opposition might confuse him for an offensive lineman.
7. His big arm gives them a chance to pin the offense back when he throws a pick.
6. It only took him three tries to pass the conditioning test.
5. Keep entire bench warm for McNabb.
4. Have to play Giants twice.
3. Who else do they put in there, Rex Grossman?
2. They needed a nose tackle.
1. Two words: Jake Plummer